Master's degree programme (onsite education)
The Master's Programme accepts those graduates of our Bachelor's Programme and other seminaries, who intend to become teachers at various theological educational institutions: seminaries, academies and theological colleges. In addition to males, the MThA Master's and PhD (Candidate for Doctor) programmes may also accept females (only for the History and Theory of Church Art Departments).
- Male; The Department of History and Theory of Church Art accepts applicant of either sex;
- Age up to 35 years old;
- Single or in first marriage.
The programme lasts 2 years. The Departments of Bible Studies, Philology, Theory and History of Church Art also require a propaedeutical course which lasts 1 year. The propaedeutical course is not included in the basic educational programme. It prepares students to continue their studies at the Master's level.
Education at the MThA is free of charge. Free dormitory and free meals are provided.
Чтобы поступить, вам необходимо подать документы и пройти вступительные испытания.
The documents are submitted to the Academy office.
- Recommendation. Talk to your confessor. Ask him to write you a description of you: who you are, what kind of obediences you had in the parish, why you want to do things, and whom he sees you after graduation. Print it on the parish letterhead. Sign it in the confessor's presence and mark it with the parish stamp. Then ask the diocesan bishop to certify the recommendation. Or, you can ask the diocesan bishop write his own recommendation.
A candidate from the Moscow City Diocese should contact the Moscow Patriarchate to certify the recommendation. Applicants from the Moscow Regional Diocese should go to the Moscow Diocese Headquarters.
If you enroll immediately after receiving your bachelor's degree in a religious institution, the administration of that institution will give you a recommendation.
- Petition. When you arrive at the Academy, go up to the office on the second floor and write it up.
- Identity and citizenship documentation. Foreign nationals: if the document does not contain information in Russian, provide a notarized translation.
- Foreign nationals: passport.
- A document that certifies the level of education установленного образца Foreign nationals: if the document does not contain information in Russian, provide a notarized translation.
- questionnaire may be printed and filled out at home, or you can come to the Academy and fill it out when you apply. In any case, please read the application form in advance.
- autobiography should be written and printed at home.
- Birth Certificate, copy.
- Baptismal Certificate, copy.
- Marriage certificate, copy. For married applicants.
- Church Marriage Certificate, copy. For married applicants.
- Certificate of a Reader's tonsure (for readers), tonsure certificate (for monks), certificate of ordination to the rank of priest (deacon) and a copy of the last decree of the ruling bishop of appointment to a parish (for clergy).
- 2 цветные фотографии формата 6×8. If you belong to the clergy, take a picture of yourself in garb that corresponds to your rank.
- A medical report according to form 086/u with fluoroscopic examination data and preventive vaccinations, as well as a psychiatrist's and narcologist's results.
- An insurance policy of mandatory health insurance, issued at the place of permanent residence. For Russian nationals.
- A Military ID or a certificate with a military registration mark. For Russian nationals.
- Copies of documents that confirm the individual achievements of the applicant. The results of these achievements are taken into account when applying, if they comply with the Rules of Admission.
If one desires, documents may be submitted electronically, after notifying the Admissions Office. Send your scanned all documents to the Admissions Office email address, except for the application form and photos. All original documents, along with the application form and photographs, should be submitted when you arrive for the entrance examination. Write your name, surname and patronymic in the subject line, as well as the words "Master's Degree". If the subject of your letter does not contain your surname and patronymic and the words "Master's Degree", such a letter will be ignored.
2. Entrance exams
Admission to the Academy is not granted without entrance exams. The entrance exams are as follows:
- Department of Biblical Studies (specialization in Biblical Studies):
- Department of Theology (specialization in Orthodox Theology):
- Department of Applied Church Disciplines (Specialization in Ministry and Liturgics):
Department of Philology (specialization in Greek Christian Literature):
- Department of Philology (specialization in Russian Religious Literature):
- Department of Church Art History and Theory (Specialization in Church Art History and Theory):
- Medical checkup (mandatory for all)
- Church signing audition. It would be helpful for you to prepare an audition piece. The audition does not affect the result of your entrance exam, but it does determine whether you will be in the choir or not.
You should come to the Moscow Theological Academy at the appointed time. Ask the Academy assistant to the deputy rector on duty to help you with your accommodation. After the exams and the announcement of the results, you leave the Academy.
If you have any questions, please contact us at any time:
WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram: +7 963 770-63-44;
A group for applicants in VKontakte: https://vk.com/abitmda.