Bachelor's degree (onsite education)
The bachelor's programme (until 2012 it was called seminary) accepts those who are ready to devote themselves first of all to the service of the Church and become ministers. In addition, the bachelor's degree also provides theological knowledge and practical experience of theology and spiritual life of the Academy. Many bachelor's graduates continue to study at the best universities in Russia and Europe. But the main thing is that undergraduate students learn to be priests - spiritual mentors for parishioners of the Orthodox Church.
Для поступающих в 2020-2021 учебном году выделяется:
по направлению «Теология – 48.03.01», профиль «Практическая теология православия»: 50 мест за счет бюджетных ассигнований; 40 мест за счёт средств Русской Православной Церкви.
- Secondary general education (minimum);
- Age up to 35 years old;
- Single or in first marriage.
Срок обучения – 4 года. Обучение бесплатное. Абитуриенты бакалавриата, в зависимости от успешности прохождения вступительных испытаний, могут быть зачислены либо на пропедевтический курс, либо на 1-й курс бакалавриата.
Предоставляется бесплатное общежитие, бесплатное питание и форменная одежда (китель+брюки / подрясник).
Чтобы поступить, вам необходимо подать документы и пройти вступительные испытания.
The documents are submitted to the Academy office.
- Recommendation. Talk to your confessor. Ask him to write you a description of you: who you are, what kind of obediences you had in the parish, why you want to do things, and whom he sees you after graduation. Print it on the parish letterhead. Sign it in the confessor's presence and mark it with the parish stamp. Then ask the diocesan bishop to certify the recommendation. Or, you can ask the diocesan bishop write his own recommendation.
A candidate from the Moscow City Diocese should contact the Moscow Patriarchate to certify the recommendation. Applicants from the Moscow Regional Diocese should go to the Moscow Diocese Headquarters.
- Petition. When you arrive at the Academy, go up to the office on the second floor and write it up.
- A Document, that confirms your identity and nationality. Foreign nationals: if the document does not contain information in Russian, provide a notarized translation.
- Foreign nationals: foreign passport.
- A document that certifies the level of education of an established format. Foreign nationals: if the document does not contain information in Russian, provide a notarized translation.
- questionnaire may be printed and filled out at home, or you can come to the Academy and fill it out when you apply. In any case, please read the application form in advance.
- autobiography should be written and printed at home.
- Birth Certificate, copy.
- Baptismal Certificate, copy.
- Marriage certificate, copy. For married applicants.
- Church Marriage Certificate, copy. For married applicants.
- Certificate of a Reader's tonsure (for readers), tonsure certificate (for monks), certificate of ordination to the rank of priest (deacon) and a copy of the last decree of the ruling bishop of appointment to a parish (for clergy).
- 2 цветные фотографии формата 6×8. If you belong to the clergy, take a picture of yourself in garb that corresponds to your rank.
- A medical report according to form 086/u with fluoroscopic examination data and preventive vaccinations, as well as a psychiatrist's and narcologist's results.
- An insurance policy of mandatory health insurance, issued at the place of permanent residence.For Russian nationals.
- A Military ID or a certificate with a military registration mark. For Russian nationals.
- Copies of documents that confirm the individual achievements of the applicant. The results of these achievements are taken into account when applying, if they comply with the Rules of Admission.
If one desires, documents may be submitted electronically, after notifying the Admissions Office. Send your scanned all documents to the Admissions Office email address, except for the application form and photos. All original documents, along with the application form and photographs, should be submitted when you arrive for the entrance examination.
Write your name, surname and patronymic in the subject line, as well as the words "Bachelor's Degree". If the subject of your letter does not contain your surname and patronymic and the words "Bachelor's Degree", such a letter will be ignored.
2. Entrance exams
Admission to the Academy is not granted without entrance exams. The entrance exams are as follows:
- The Comprehensive Examination, consisting of three parts:
01) Biblical History
02) The principles of faith (Catechesis)
03) Orthodox Divine Service (Liturgics)
- Interviews. To pass them, you must:
Know by heart the following prayers:
a. Beginning prayers: "Glory to Thee, Our God, Glory to Thee", "O Heavenly King...", "Holy God...", "Holy Trinity...", "Our Father...", "Come, let us worship...";
b. Morning prayers: "Having risen from sleep...", "O God, cleanse me a sinner...", "O Holy Angel...";
c. Evening prayers: "O Eternal God," "O Ruler of all, Word of the Father..." "O good Mother of the Good King...", "O Angel of Christ...";
d. To the Theotokos:"O Virgin Mary, rejoice...", "It is truly meet...", "To Thee the Champion Leader...", "The door of compassion...", "We have not other help...";
e. Also: The Creed, the prayer of St. Ephraim, the prayer before the Holy Communion "I believe, O Lord, and I confess...", the Ten Commandments, the Beatitudes, the troparia of the Twelve Great Feasts, the troparion of your saint, the 50th and 90th Psalms.
Must be able to read in Church Slavonic, know Church Slavonic letters, superscripts and abbreviations;
You must know Slavonic numerals.
- Russian language and history exams. If your Standardized Tests results are still valid, provide them. We need the results of the Standardized Tests in Russian Language and Russian history. If the results of the Standardized Tests are invalid, the Academy will hold an internal exam for you. It consists of an essay on the Russian language and a test on the history of Russia.
In any case, the results of the Standardized Tests or internal exams should not be lower than:
01) История – 32 баллов
02) Russian - score of 36
- Medical checkup (mandatory for all)
- Church signing audition. It would be helpful for you to prepare an audition piece. The audition does not affect the result of your entrance exam, but it does determine whether you will be in the choir or not.
You should come to the Moscow Theological Academy at the appointed time. Ask the Academy assistant to the deputy rector on duty to help you with your accommodation. After the exams and the announcement of the results, you leave the Academy.
If you have any questions, please contact us at any time:
WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram: +7 963 770-63-44;
A group for applicants in VKontakte: https://vk.com/abitmda.