Graduates of the Master's Programme who are going to be engaged in academic theological activity in the future enter the post-graduate course. Postgraduate study (Candidate for Dictoral Programme) prepares academic/pedagogical and research/theological staff for work at the departments of the Moscow Theological Academy and other educational institutions. Post-graduate students conduct theological research, pass their exams, and write their thesis.
- Only male applicants are considered;
- The Department of History and Theory of Church Art accepts both male and female applicants;
The program last 3 years. It is free of charge. Free dormitory and free meals are provided.
To be admitted, you must apply and complete an entrance examination. Information on deadlines for admission and admission exams:
The documents are submitted to the Academy office.
- If you enroll immediately after completing a Master's Degree in Theology at and educational institution of the Russian Orthodox Church, provide a recommendation from the institution you graduated from;
- Past graduates and graduates of secular institutions need a recommendation from the diocesan bishop or the head of the Synodal Department of the Russian Orthodox Church;
- Representatives of other Local Orthodox Churches, as well as non-Orthodox applicants with a master's degree, need a referral from the Department for External Church Relations of the Moscow Patriarchate.
- Petition. When you arrive at the Academy, go up to the office on the second floor and write it up.
- Identity and citizenship documentation. Foreign nationals: if the document does not contain information in Russian, provide a notarized translation.
- Foreign nationals: passport.
- A document that certifies the level of education of an established standard. Foreign nationals: if the document does not contain information in Russian, provide a notarized translation.
- questionnaire may be printed and filled out at home, or you can come to the Academy and fill it out when you apply. In any case, please read the application form in advance.
- Write and print your autobiography at home.
- Birth Certificate, copy.
- Baptismal Certificate, copy.
- Marriage certificate, copy. For married applicants.
- Church Marriage Certificate, copy. For married applicants.
- Certificate of registration according to form No. 9 - a certificate that lists all family members. For Russian nationals.
- Certificate of a Reader's tonsure (for readers), tonsure certificate (for monks), certificate of ordination to the rank of priest (deacon) and a copy of the last decree of the ruling bishop of appointment to a parish (for clergy).
- 6 color photographs 6×8. If you belong to the clergy, take a picture of yourself in garb that corresponds to your rank.
- A medical report according to form 086/u with fluoroscopic examination data and preventive vaccinations, as well as a psychiatrist's and narcologist's results.
- An insurance policy of mandatory health insurance, issued at the place of permanent residence. For Russian nationals.
- A Military ID or a certificate with a military registration mark. For Russian nationals.
- Copies of documents that confirm the individual achievements of the applicant. The results of these achievements are taken into account when applying, if they comply with the Rules of Admission.
- Academic Theological works:
- If you are applying immediately after graduation with Master's Degree in Theology from an educational institution of the Russian Orthodox Church, please provide a copy of your master's thesis, as well as a list of your academic theological publications and speeches at conferences;
- All other applicants should provide an abstract on the subject of the proposed academic theological research in their post-graduate study with a total volume of up to 0.5 pages and a list of theological publications and speeches at conferences in print form. The abstract consists of two parts: the justification of the proposed topic, the relevance and structure of the thesis, as well as an academic theological article on the topic of the thesis.
If one desires, documents may be submitted electronically, after notifying the Admissions Office. Send your scanned all documents to the Admissions Office email address, except for the application form and photos. All original documents, along with the application form and photographs, should be submitted when you arrive for the entrance examination. Write your name, surname and patronymic in the subject line, as well as the words "Candidate for Doctoral Programme". If the subject of your letter does not contain your surname and patronymic and the words "Candidate for Doctoral Programme", such a letter will be ignored.
2. Entrance exams
Admission to the Academy is not granted without entrance exams. The Chairman of the Admissions Committee is the Rector of the MThA. He appoints the members of the commission. Entrance exams are as follows:
- Theology exam.
- Presentation of academic works on theology and the abstract of the proposed thesis.
- Foreign language exam.
- Interview with the Rector of the MThA, vice-rectors, head of the post-graduate course.
- Medical checkup (mandatory for all applicants).
Программы вступительных испытаний
You should come to the Moscow Theological Academy at the appointed time. Ask the Academy assistant to the deputy rector on duty to help you with your accommodation. After the exams and the announcement of the results, you leave the Academy.
If you have any questions, please contact us at any time:
WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram: +7 963 770-63-44;
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
A group for applicants in VKontakte: https://vk.com/abitmda.