Moscow Theological Academy temporarily switches to distance learning
Starting from March 18th, the Moscow Theological Academy temporarily switches to distance learning. Classrooms are canceled and students sent home while the epidemiological situation improves.
V.N. Falkov, Minister of Science and Higher Education, signed orders No. 397 and No. 398 of March 14, 2020 regarding the implementation of educational activities in the context of preventing the spread of coronavirus infection in the Russian Federation.
In fulfillment of the blessing of His Holiness the Patriarch, the Educational Committee of the Russian Orthodox Church sent a circular letter to the rectors of high educational institutions of the Russian Orthodox Church due to the threat of coronavirus infection spreading over the Russian Federation.
Taking in consideration the particularities of theological educational institutions, it is blessed to make the following arrangements:
1. on March 18th, 2020, to implement the distant learning process with the use of digital technologies and send students to their places of residence.
2. students remaining in student residences are restricted from leaving the location of their theological institutions.
3. To organize the educational process according to the actual orders of the Minister of Science and High Education maintaining the existing staff wages.
4. To pay particular attention to disciplinary control and compliance with the restricted exit regime.
5. While holding church services, one should be guided by the Holy Synod statement of March 11, 2020 and subsequent Hierarchy decisions on these issues.
6. To limit the possibility of holding face-to-face meetings, exclude events which require students and teachers participation as well as to minimize official business trips.
7. To postpone scheduled correspondence department sessions and extension courses until the epidemiological situation improves.
The above regulations prescribed by this circular are valid until the adoption of new acts. Rectors of high theological educational institutions are responsible for the implementation of these measures.
The MThA Press Office