Иконописный факультет готовит иконописцев, реставраторов и мастеров лицевого шитья.
- Secondary general education (minimum);
- Age up to 35 years old;
- Single or first married;
- An education in art is desirable.
Система образования на Иконописном факультете состоит их двух ступеней. Первая ступень – три года обучения. По окончании выпускники получают диплом установленного образца. Вторая ступень обучения – два года обучения, не обязательна. На вторую ступень зачисляют тех, кто окончил первую ступень с наилучшими результатами. Обучение на Иконописном факультете бесплатное. Предоставляется бесплатное общежитие и бесплатное питание.
Иконописный факультет состоит из двух подразделений: иконописи и лицевого шитья.
To be admitted, you must apply and complete an entrance examination. Information on deadlines for admission and admission exams:
The documents are submitted to the Academy office.
- Recommendation. Talk to your confessor. Ask him to write you a description of you: who you are, what kind of obediences you had in the parish, why you want to do things, and whom he sees you after graduation. Print it on the parish letterhead. Sign it in the confessor's presence and mark it with the parish stamp. Then ask the diocesan bishop to certify the recommendation. Or, you can ask the diocesan bishop write his own recommendation. A candidate from the Moscow City Diocese should contact the Moscow Patriarchate to certify the recommendation. Applicants from the Moscow Regional Diocese should go to the Moscow Diocese Headquarters.
- Petition. When you arrive at the Academy, go up to the office on the second floor and write it up.
- Identity and citizenship documentation. Foreign nationals: if the document does not contain information in Russian, provide a notarized translation.
- Foreign nationals: foreign passport.
- A document that certifies the level of education of an established standard, as well as documents certifying an art education. Foreign nationals: if the document does not contain information in Russian, provide a notarized translation.
- questionnaire may be printed and filled out at home, or you can come to the Academy and fill it out when you apply. In any case, please read the application form in advance.
- autobiography should be written and printed at home.
- Birth Certificate, copy.
- Baptismal Certificate, copy.
- Marriage Certificateand copy. For married applicants.
- Church Marriage Certificate, copy. For married applicants.
- Certificate of registration according to form No. 9 - a certificate that lists all family members. For Russian nationals.
- Certificate of a Reader's tonsure (for readers), tonsure certificate (for monks), certificate of ordination to the rank of priest (deacon) and a copy of the last decree of the ruling bishop of appointment to a parish (for clergy).
- 6 color photographs 6×8. If you belong to the clergy, take a picture of yourself in garb that corresponds to your rank.
- A medical report according to form 086/u with fluoroscopic examination data and preventive vaccinations, as well as a psychiatrist's and narcologist's results.
- An insurance policy of mandatory health insurance, issued at the place of permanent residence.For Russian nationals.
- A Military ID or a certificatewith a military registration mark. For Russian nationals.
- Copies of documents that confirm the individual achievements of the applicant. The results of these achievements are taken into account when applying, if they comply with the Rules of Admission.
If one desires, documents may be submitted electronically, after notifying the Admissions Office. Send your scanned all documents to the Admissions Office email address, except for the application form and photos. All original documents, along with the application form and photographs, should be submitted when you arrive for the entrance examination.
Write your name, surname and patronymic in the subject line, as well as the "iconography school". If the subject of your letter does not contain your surname and patronymic and the words "icon-painting department", such a letter will be ignored.
2. Entrance exams
Admission to the Academy is not granted without entrance exams. The entrance exams are as follows:
- Painting an icon fragment or sample: you are given six hours to make painting of an icon with watercolor and whitewash, gouache or tempera (either one) on paper (30×20 cm). Your task is:
01) good positioning on the piece of paper;
02) a faithful representation of the character and image proportions;
03) to show an understanding of color combinations and tonal relations.
Applicants are not provided with the necessary supplies.
- Evaluating your other worksat the exam you will be asked to showcase your paintings and graphic works. These can be still lifes, landscapes, portraits, compositions (2-3 works). Frame all your work in a mat. If you have them, bring icons, miniatures, sketches for icons and paintings, copies. You can show only photographs of some.
- Interviews. To pass them, you must:
Know by heart the following prayers:
a. Beginning prayers: "Glory to Thee, Our God, Glory to Thee", "O Heavenly King...", "Holy God...", "Holy Trinity...", "Our Father...", "Come, let us worship...";
b. Morning prayers: "Having risen from sleep...", "O God, cleanse me a sinner...", "O Holy Angel...";
c. Evening prayers: "O Eternal God," "O Ruler of all, Word of the Father..." "O good Mother of the Good King...", "O Angel of Christ...";
d. To the Theotokos:"O Virgin Mary, rejoice...", "It is truly meet...", "To Thee the Champion Leader...", "The door of compassion...", "We have not other help...";
e. Also: The Creed, the prayer of St. Ephraim, the prayer before the Holy Communion "I believe, O Lord, and I confess...", the Ten Commandments, the Beatitudes, the troparia of the Twelve Great Feasts, the troparion of your saint, the 50th and 90th Psalms. One must also know the basics of the Orthodox Church doctrine, Orthodox worship and biblical history;
Must be able to read in Church Slavonic, know Church Slavonic letters, superscripts and abbreviations;
You must know Slavonic numerals.
- Medical checkup (mandatory for all).
You should come to the Moscow Theological Academy at the appointed time. Ask the Academy assistant to the deputy rector on duty to help you with your accommodation. After the exams and the announcement of the results, you leave the Academy.
If you have any questions, please contact us at any time:
WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram: +7 963 770-63-44;
And also by phone: +7 926 382-38-65
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
A group for applicants in VKontakte: https://vk.com/abitmda.